Keto Is Great For Losing Weight, And It Doesn’t Have To Taste Bad
If you haven’t heard of Ketogenic diet, and want an in depth definition, go and read THIS. Keto is short for Ketogenic or Ketosis. This is where your body stops using carbohydrates as fuel and instead uses fat stores from your body for fuel. In order to achieve this, you need to highly limit the amount of carbs you eat on a daily basis. In other words, you need to eat basically only meats and cheeses, with occasionally eating some select vegetables. Below we will list our top picks of Keto meals for men. If Keto isn’t for you, maybe a diet of only beer could help you lose weight.
Keto Chicken Enchiladas
Not only do these look like chicken enchiladas, but they taste exactly the same, if not better. These are one of my favorite Keto meals for men. When my wife asks what I would like for dinner, this is always a suggestion. The “tortilla” is actually cheese. As a result, these are a bit harder to make, and take a bit more time than others. However, they are absolutely amazing and the carb count is great.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Breast (Shredded)
- 2 Cup Mexican Style Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 Bunch Green Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Table Spoon Diced Green Chilis
- 2 Tablespoon Sliced Black Olives
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 6 Tablespoons Red Enchilada Sauce
- Shred the Rotisserie Chicken Breast with two forks until uniformly separated.
- Add Green Chilis to the Chicken and stir.
- On a Large Baking Sheet, cover it with 2 pieces of Parchment Paper cut in half. It is important that you cut this down the middle now, as it will make the later steps much easier.
- Place the shredded cheese onto the baking sheet in Four equal sized piles.
- Bake the Cheese in the oven at 350*F for about 7 minutes, or until it is bubbling hot AND the edges just begin to get a brown crisp to them.
- When the cheese is ready, remove from the oven and spoon the Chicken and Green Chili mixture into the Cheese near the edge that is closest to you. You do not want to place it in the middle like a taco, as you are going to be rolling this into an Enchilada.
- Roll the cheese carefully over the chicken to make a solid “tortilla”-style roll.
- Place onto plate, and spoon on the Red Enchilada Sauce mixture.
- Top with Sliced Black Olives, Sour Cream, and Chopped Green Onion.
SPECIAL NOTE: The nutrition facts include ALL of the ingredients, so if you want to make this dish even MORE LOW CARB you can cut out the Sour Cream, Olives, and Green Onion, and you would make this dish almost Completely CARB-FREE.
Keto Chicken Marsala
In the event that you are wanting some solid Chicken Marsala but need to lose weight, then this is the perfect dish for you. It’s savory and perfect on a cold day (especially if you work construction and are outside all day). A go to keto meals for men. Hell, even if you aren’t on Keto, this is good. The protein to fat to carb ratio is almost perfect. If you are a hard working man, this is excellent fuel for your body, 38g of protein per serving, and lots of sodium to replenish what you’ve lost from sweating.
- 4 Tablespoons Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 24 Ounces Organic Chicken Breast
- 12 Ounces White Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Medium Shallot (Diced)
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Two Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter (Divided)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Cup Marsala Wine
- 1 Cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a Small Mixing Bowl combine 1/4 Cup Olive Oil with 2 Tablespoons of Herbs de Provence and 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic. Stir well to combine evenly.
- Place the Chicken Breast in a suitable dish to marinade it with the mixture. Pour the Mixture evenly over the top of the Chicken Breast and allow to sit while preparing the other ingredients for your recipe.
- Wash and Chop 12 Ounces of Fresh White Mushrooms, 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, and 1 Medium Shallot.
- Slice the Chicken Breast into 1″ thick Medallions and Season with the desired amount of Black Pepper.
- In a Large Frying Pan over Medium-High Heat, warm up 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, and add 1 Tablespoon of Grass-Fed Butter to it.
- Place the Chicken Breast Medallions into the Large Frying Pan, and Cook 2-3 Minutes per side with the lid on.
- Remove the Chicken Breast from the Frying Pan, and set aside on a plate for later.
- Add 2 more Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Butter to the Large Frying Pan, and add the Shallot into it, browning for about 1 minute. Then add 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic and stir.
- Add the White Mushrooms and saute for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 Teaspoon of Xanthan Gum into the mix to act as a thickener for your sauce, and stir.
- Pour 1/2 Cup Marsala Wine and 1 Cup Chicken Bone Broth into the Frying Pan and stir. Cover and simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Pour 3 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream into the Frying Pan and add the Parsley.
- Add the Chicken Breast back into the simmering mixture, and cook for an additional 2 Minutes per side (or until the Chicken is fully cooked).
Keto Pesto Chicken Casserole
First thing to remember when doing a Keto diet is, meat and cheese play an important role. In fact, that’s basically what the Keto diet is, meat and cheese. Sooner or later you will start to dislike the meats and cheeses. Occasionally it’s great to mix things up a bit. Thus, the Keto Pesto Chicken. This dish is amazing, the juicy chicken with the pesto and giant black olives. We tested with both Pestos’ and green is my personal favorite, so I am incorporating that into this recipe. This is one of the best Keto Meals for men.
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 3 oz. red pesto or green pesto
- 5 oz. feta cheese, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 oz. leafy greens
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Add butter or oil to a large skillet and fry the chicken pieces in batches on medium-high heat until golden brown.
Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl.
Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish together with olives, feta cheese and garlic. Add the pesto.
Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, until the dish turns bubbly and light brown around the edges.